Every year around this time, everyone talks about New Years resolutions. I've never been much for resolutions. While I appreciate the sentiment, it's not really something I've ever been interested in doing. My philosophy is that if you want to change something about your life, change it. Don't wait for a new year. Start now. I admire those who make them and follow through, but it's not something I've ever done.
But today my yoga instructor said some great things (she usually does). She said to make tiny, small changes; not big, grand, lofty goals. Maybe spend one month on one tiny thing. When that's going well, add something else.
So this year? It's all about the tiny changes. For example: this week I am going to keep my kitchen clean for the whole week. That's it. That's my goal. No dishes left in the sink.
Also this week? I'm going to the gym tomorrow. That's my goal - to go to the gym tomorrow.
Next week? Who knows. I'll take it in baby steps.
Have a healthy and happy 2009.
But today my yoga instructor said some great things (she usually does). She said to make tiny, small changes; not big, grand, lofty goals. Maybe spend one month on one tiny thing. When that's going well, add something else.
So this year? It's all about the tiny changes. For example: this week I am going to keep my kitchen clean for the whole week. That's it. That's my goal. No dishes left in the sink.
Also this week? I'm going to the gym tomorrow. That's my goal - to go to the gym tomorrow.
Next week? Who knows. I'll take it in baby steps.
Have a healthy and happy 2009.

No comments:
Post a Comment