Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Prologue

My first post in my first blog. It's a little intimidating, huh? I've been resisting for a while, mostly out of fear that I would get tired of it and not ever update it. I don't think anyone will actually read it either. It's both scary and heady to think that total strangers may be reading my inner thoughts.

Anyway, right now I'm planning on this blog being about many different things; movies, tv, books, and teaching (probably in that order). An odd mixture, I know, but it's what I know best! I may be reviewing things, keeping track of things that excite me (mostly movies) and recounting a tale or two from my beloved classroom of children.

This is going to start with movies, since that will probably be my primary focus. I have an extensive list of movies that I anally keep track of, update, and follow. It includes movies I am looking forward to coming out, upcoming DVD releases, and movies I want to add to my Netflix queue (whoa, had to look up how to spell that word, even though I look at it every day! Strange, huh?)

Anyway, I guess I should share some of general movie views before getting more specific. I love dramas, that's my main favorite. I've lately been getting into indie movies and noir as well. Basically though, if it's well-directed and well-acted, then I like it. I love fantasy and super hero movies as well.

Some of my favorites include Tim Burton, Danny Elfman, Kate Winslet, Christopher Nolan, Patrick Wilson, Kevin Smith, Christian Bale, Ang Lee, Johnny Depp (of course, being a Burton fan), Rufus Sewell, Paul Bettany, JJ Abrams, Joss Whedon, and many others that I can't think of right now.

Some of my favorite movies are Little Miss Sunshine, Eternal Sunshine for a Spotless Mind, Lord of the Rings, original Star Wars, Everything is Illuminated, Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Harry Potter movies, The Princess Bride, Empire Records, Spider-Man, X Men, Brick, and many others.

The first few posts aren't going to be very exciting. I'm going to get more specific about what I like and why I like it as time goes on. Until then, I will be enjoying my vacation (yay for being a teacher!) and visiting my niece and nephew, whom I adore.

No comments: